Tabor City Middle School
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
I want my child to achieve; therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child is punctual and attends school regularly.
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
- Establish a time for homework and review it regularly.
- Provide a quiet well-lighted place for study.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Stay aware of what my child is learning.
- Encourage the use of the library.
- Read with my child and let my child see me read.
I HAVE MET WITH MY CHILD’S TEACHER AND RECEIVED INFORMATION ABOUT HIS/HER COURSES, COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR THE YEAR.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Respect myself and the rights of others.
- Attend school regularly.
- Come to school each day with pens, pencils, paper, and other necessary tools for learning.
- Complete and return homework assignments.
- Observe regular study hours.
- Conform to the rules of student conduct.
Student Signature:_______________________________ Date:_____________
It is important that students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Employs various instructional methods and provide a climate that is conducive to learning.
- Respect the cultural differences of my students.
- Teach the North Carolina Common Core Curriculum and Essential Standards.
- Provide enrichment and remediation opportunities for the student as needed.
- Communicate with students and parents throughout the year about the student and the school.
Teacher Signature:________________________________ Date:_____________
I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent, and student.
- Encourage teachers to regularly provide homework assignments that will reinforce classroom instruction.
- Encourage teachers to challenge students to reach above and beyond their ability.